Thursday, June 11, 2009

no pants = awesome music

I recently blogged a little bit of my love for Lady Gaga. Today, bless her heart, my l'étoile editrix Kate Iverson emailed me this article from Anthem Magazine. The interview is with Gaga's collaborator and first official stylist B. Åkerlund, who pulled the looks for the fashion smorgasbord that is Gaga's video for her single "Paparazzi." When I first watched the video, I remember thinking that the robot leotard (with matching crutches!) and metal dress (from the mug shot!) reminded me of pieces from Thierry Mugler and Dolce & Gabbana. Turns out, they are classic items from Mugler and D&G. The video features oodles of archived pieces pulled for the shoot, as well as gorgeous items from Gaga and Åkerlund's personal collections.

I'm so smitten with Gaga that I spent most of my morning looking up inexpensive black sequined hot pants online. I've been craving a pair since seeing this look on Hilary Rhoda from Chanel's SS 2007 RTW show:


Thanks to Lady G, I'm more of the mind that it's okay to sort of not really wear pants in public. I thank you Gaga, but my mother probably does not.

Some of the "Paparazzi" looks...

from the Thierry Mugler archive

pieces from Dolce & Gabbana, Balmain, and the Thierry Mugler archive

another piece from the Thierry Mugler archive

a custom look from Jeremy Scott

from the Dolce & Gabbana archive

vintage Emilio Pucci sunglasses and Noir accessories

No comments: