Tuesday, November 25, 2008

one degree of separation...sometimes two

I was watching an old episode of How I Met Your Mother the other day, and while giggling at the helmet-headed news anchor Sandy Rivers, I realized how familiar the actor looked. As the credits rolled, I recognized a name in the guest star roster. Alexis Denisof as 'Sandy Rivers.' Yep, Sandy Rivers is also Wesley from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. So I started thinking about the many links between HIMYM and the Whedonverse, and here's what I came up with:

- (Obviously) Alexis Denisof appears in Buffy, Angel and HIMYM.

- Alexis Denisof is married (and having a baby!) with Alyson Hannigan, who played Willow in Buffy and plays Lily on HIMYM.

- Alexis Denisof and Alyson Hannigan are godparents to Joss Whedon's son. Whedon created Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Dollhouse.

-Neil Patrick Harris plays Barney on HIMYM and played the title character in Doctor Horrible, Whedon's made-for-the-web musical.

-Amy Acker was a regular on Angel (And the last season of Alias. Not relevant, but just saying), guest starred on HIMYM, and is now a cast member of Whedon's new series Dollhouse.

-John Cho, who guest starred on HIMYM, played Harold in the Harold and Kumar movies, which also featured Neil Patrick Harris. And Kal Penn, who played Kumar, had a small role in a season four episode of Buffy.

And I'm out of connections.....for now. Mainly, because I'm too lazy to do any internet research.

No comments: