Tuesday, December 23, 2008

cherry on top

Coco Rocha's new hair color is certainly getting a lot of attention. Saving the big reveal for an editorial in next month's Vogue, the former brunette kept her mane hidden under wigs and headwraps for the past month (causing some fashion insiders to be concerned for her health). Her new lush red mane has me lamenting my weak watered-down strawberry blonde hair. I used to change my hair color quite frequently, but I finally grew my natural color out to my shoulders (which included a regrettable phase in which my pixie haircut was two-toned just like the Heat Miser). It's such an accomplishment that I hesitate to mess with it again, but Coco's deep red has me fantasizing about making another visit to the colorist's chair.

I had a similar feeling when I saw this image from the Spring 2009 Maison Martin Margiela Ready-to-Wear show. It's reminds me of the shade that Angela Chase dyed her hair in My So-Called Life.

images: Vogue, style.com

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Just gorgeous! One of these days I'll be daring and give it a try. Red just requires so much upkeep, though, it gets frustrating. :/