Thursday, December 4, 2008

these are a few of my favorite things

Apologies. I've been a bad blogger. With all of the holiday travelling, long hours at work, and my desperate attempt at a social life, my recent blog updates have been infrequent and somewhat lacking. As has my nail care, but I digress. My recent frazzled state doesn't mean that I don't have a long list of post ideas to type up over the next few weeks. And since my list of recent obsessions includes a healthy number of visual artists (that I mostly read about on Vulture, as I'm not nearly cool enough for Art Forum), I thought I'd put together a little list of the art that has me salivating.

Note: I didn't even notice that all of these artists were women until I began typing up this post. Ladies doing it for themselves.

the creepy crawly work of Tessa Farmer

new pieces by the legendary Cindy Sherman

the sweet but slightly disturbing paintings of Melanie Vote

the delicate work of Jen Corace

the incredible detail of Ali Cavanaugh

No comments: