Monday, December 8, 2008

monday nerdery

The other day I tried to list all of the connections between the Whedonverse and How I Met Your Mother. And kids, I left out two big ones. In season two, both Morena Baccarin (Inara from Firefly and Serenity) and Tom Lenk (Andrew from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) guest star in the episode "Swarley." I'm starting to get a little overwhelmed by all of the overlap. Am I missing something? Is Joss Whedon a secret HIMYM executive producer?

Big news for fans of Fables. ABC wants to adapt the comic for the small screen. I've been hoping for a Fables television series for a while, but I'd been crossing my fingers for HBO or Showtime (the latter of which is developing a series based on the now defunct Exterminators series, which I started reading by accident and fell in love with). Nonetheless, beggars can't be choosers and I'm just excited that Fables will be coming into homes across the country. Let's hope that this series gets the great casting and production that it deserves.

I haven't been able to find out much about the Preacher movie, other than the fantastic Sam Mendes will be directing. Hopefully, we'll start hearing some juicy casting details soon. Here's hoping that the project actually happens within the next couple of years. Maybe he'll start production once he finishes filming Middlemarch.

No comments: