Wednesday, August 12, 2009

gaga for rilke

Another reason to love Lady Gaga. She got a freaking Rilke tattoo! In the original beautiful German! I have long considered getting a tattoo of a few sentences on my forearm, and my top two choices have always been a Vonnegut quote that I’m particularly fond of, or anything by Rainer Maria Rilke. Dude is my fave.

“In the deepest hour of the night, confess to yourself that you would die if you were forbidden to write. And look deep into your heart where it spreads its roots, the answer, and ask yourself, must I write?”

Tangent: Lady Gaga’s hair in this above photograph totally reminds me of Lady Lovely Locks and the Pixietails. Cute little hamster pixies with tails made of pastel hair! And you clipped them into Lady Lovely Locks’ curls! It was quite creepy, actually.

No comments: