Monday, August 24, 2009

my precious

Thank God for io9. I can always count on them to find things like Doctor Who Ood knitting patterns and Luke Skywalker in a Tauntaun plushies. But this time, they've really outdone themselves. Today I was overcome with cuteness when they posted images of Finnish artist Mari Kasurinen's re-imagined My Little Ponies. There is truly something for everyone to appreciate. Assuming you like ponies. And you'd better like ponies.

Oh my gosh! My Little Stormtrooper! Serving the Empire has never been so adorable.

"I love you, My Little Han Solo." "I know."

My Little Darth Vader! Seriously, the Dark Side is just too precious.

Believe it or not, there are people out there who are not huge Star Wars fans. For those crazies, I present My Little Alien. I bet its acid blood tastes like cotton candy!

My Little Predator. Possibly the most badass of all the ponies.

Yep, it's My Little Pan, from Guillermo del Toro's masterpiece Pan's Labyrinth. This pony gives me nightmares.

My Little Cthulu might actually be my favorite pony. Especially since I'm currently reading Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, the publisher's follow-up to the tremendously awesome Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

Science-fiction not your fancy? Maybe My Little Andy Warhol is the right pony for you.

Although My Little Frida Kahlo is pretty amazing.

Do you read Art Forum? My Little Damien Hirst is your new bestie!

If you like songs that reference hot pants and hairspray, My Little Lady Gaga is your tiny plastic soulmate.

No comments: