Friday, October 3, 2008

kicky kirsten and red lipstick lust

I am adoring this editorial from the October issue of Harper's Bazaar. Ms. Kiki Dunst looks like she's having so much fun (despite the editors photoshopping her teeth for the cover). The clothes are fantastic, the setting is beautiful, and this shot makes me want to take a dip in a hotel pool while wearing a Marilyn Monroe-esque bathing suit and costume jewelry.

These photos are also triggering my red lipstick lust. I rarely wear dark or bright lip color during the summer (though Mr. Dunst makes it look extremely appealing), but as soon as fall rolls in, I'm ready to break out the tubes.

Poppy King wrote a cute little red lipstick tribute in this month's Marie Claire, which inspired me to wear Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Red Square to the My Morning Jacket show last night. My plaid shirt and skinny jeans blended seamlessly (and annoyingly) into the sea of hipsters, but my bright orange-red pucker definitely made me feel like I stood out.

No comments: