Sunday, October 26, 2008

more marimekko for me

Yes, this is exactly what I need. Another limited edition palette. At least this time around, the price is easily justifiable. The marimekko for Avon classic poppy print eyeshadow palettes go for just $8 a pop. Available in two color combinations (as are the two coordinating face palettes), both of the primary shades are extremely versatile. The navy blue is surprisingly soft and blendable, while the gray is easy to work with and very on trend. (I think I've seen fifteen articles about how "gray is the new black" over the past three months. Most of which were in Allure. Way to brianstorm story ideas, you magazine editors, you!)

The face palettes are similar in color and texture to Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Colour (formerly limited edition, but now a permanent item due to its success). Of course, the Clinique palettes retail for $29.50 and the Avon face palettes are only $10. And since I missed the marimekko collection when it came to H&M last spring, this is my chance to stockpile some of the brand's collectible items. Along with my Kaiku print shower curtain, which okay, isn't collectible, but is marimekko and totally cute.

No comments: