Tuesday, November 24, 2009

december 20 is so far away

This weekend, while helping a friend prepare for a photo shoot, I was able to check out some of the Rodarte for Target pieces in person. Didn't try anything on, but got a closer look at two of the party dresses (the black lace dress pictured above, and the frothy nude dress seen here), as well as the must-have sheer black lace cardigan and the lace-trimmed bra and undies. Judging from these pieces, the collection is impressively well made. I was quite taken with the quality of the fabric and the construction, considering this is such a mass-produced discount line. The dresses and the cardigan look just as great in person as they do in the photographs.

I'm a bit confused about the bralette and undies. Based on the promotional images, I truly thought the items were underwear, but they felt like a nylon/lycra blend, a pretty standard swimwear material. Not quite sure what to make of that. I've never really given lacy bathing suits much thought before, but I suppose if anyone can get me on the bandwagon, it's the Mulleavy sisters.

No comments: