Thursday, November 19, 2009

enjoy a quickie this weekend

Last weekend I attended the second performance of Quickies 2009 at Bryant Lake Bowl. I'd missed Quickies 2008, but the buzz had been overwhelmingly positive. After a few beers, I went into the theater in good spirits and excited for a night of inexpensive theatre that didn't require me to dress up or sit in a seat for two and a half hours. Quickies delivered, and I found myself not only laughing out loud, but also unexpectedly touched by the material.

Quickies is compromised of four short plays performed by four independent theatre companies. The subject matter ranges from a zombie invasion to an examination of a relationship entirely though notes written on Post-Its (a surprisingly moving piece). This Friday's performance of Quickies 2009 is the last, and with tickets from $12-$15 (pay what you can, and only $10 if you still have your Fringe button) it's well worth the price. Doors open at 6:00 and the show starts at 7:00.

No comments: