Monday, February 9, 2009

everyone wants to know if MIA will name her baby "grammy"

Last night I attended a mean Grammy party. With a red carpet and a fog machine. I went as Jenny from the Block (black latex thigh high boots--a bitch to get on, big black floppy hat, hoop earrings), while guest blogger/Fashion Mixtape contributor Kate went as Katy Perry Getting Eaten by a Dinosaur (no pants and a dinosaur hoodie). Instead of a detailed recap of the night of debauchery, here are a few of my favorite looks of the evening.

Jennifer Hudson in Roland Mouret: I love this dress. I've posted on it before. The boys thought it looked like she just finished eating at Red Lobster.

LeAnn Rimes in an amazing Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti dress.

Oh my god. How cute is Adele? This Barbara Tfank dress was commissioned for her by Anna Wintour.

Taylor Swift in Kaufman Franco. This girl has the worst hair (and I'm guessing extensions), but I thought she looked elegant and sophisticated in this dramatic gown with patent leather details.

Gwyneth Paltrow in a Versace dress and Burberry Prorsum cardigan: Hate the tights. Love the sequin/cardigan combination. Hate the word "Prorsum."

Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles in Rachel Roy: I had never heard of Sugarland before. Apparently they're kind of a thing.

MIA in the House of Holland ensemble she performed in. I cannot believe this incredibly pregnant woman rapped and booty danced in a sheer dress on national television. I love her.

Estelle and Kanye in Chanel. My favorite looks of the night. So completely fantastic.

No comments: