Sunday, March 29, 2009

the return of v

This isn't exactly breaking news, but since it's probably still outside the realm of common knowledge and I will use any excuse to talk about V or Firefly, I think I'd better share it here. The re-imagining of the 80s sci-fi mini-series V is a go. They've already announced Scott Wolf as part of the cast (or as I think of him, drunk Bailey that married that pretty lady from The Real World: New Orleans), but here's the even bigger news...

Morena Baccarin (Inara from Firefly and Serenity, crazy eyes lady in an episode of How I Met Your Mother--HIMYM and the Whedonverse are in constant overlap; that same episode of HIMYM also included Andrew from Buffy) will play Anna, the leader of the alien Visitors. I adore the original V mini-series (though the corresponding television series wasn't nearly as well done), so I'm so excited that they're bringing the story back. The concept has so much potential that was never fully realized in the original filming, so fingers crossed that ABC understands what a gem it has here. Though I can't help wondering, will it really be V without the Beastmaster?

No comments: