Tuesday, January 20, 2009

fashion mixtape: volume 1

Welcome to the first edition of Fashion Mixtape, in which I select an outfit that I like, and guest blogger Kate creates a playlist (5 or 6 songs) to go with the look.

This photo of Kate Bosworth inspired me to go on a two week Ebay hunt to find an inexpensive pair of red flat leather boots. Unlike Ms. Bosworth's, mine aren't Chloé. But I love them just the same. I also covet her Chloé Saskia Patchwork Pouchette, a bag that I won't be incorporating into my budget anytime soon. The Topshop acid-wash skinny jeans are cute and current, and the overall look is relaxed and casual. Even when wearing multiple of-the-moment items, Kate Bosworth never looks like she's a slave to trends. She makes the trends work on her terms.

Ladyhawke "Back of the Van"
The Promise Ring "Red and Blue Jeans"
Feist "When I was a Young Girl"
The Beach Boys "I Just Wasn't Made for These Times"
Adam Ant "Kings of the Wild Frontier"
Gogol Bordello "60 Revolutions"

No comments: