Tuesday, January 27, 2009

fashion mixtape: volume 3

It's time for another edition of Fashion Mixtape, in which I take on the tremendous challenge of picking out an outfit, guest blogger Kate makes a playlist to go along with it, and I try to say something clever. Usually, failing miserably.

Marc Jacobs. In a man skirt. Though it wasn't on Kate's playlist, I'm going to have to throw out The Kinks "Lola," because it's one of my childhood favorites, and I think gender bending in any shape or form demands a few plays of that song. I kind of love the man skirt with gladiator sandals (or tailored suit with high heels!) thing Marc's been doing lately. It's not exactly the most controversial idea anymore. I mean, Dear Abby has embraced it. But even if I weren't a fan, it's Marc Jacobs. As long as he keeps producing mouse flats and Juergen Teller ads, he can wear whatever the hell he wants.

Blur "Boys and Girls"
Amy Winehouse "Addicted"
The Proclaimers "500 Miles"
Warren Zevon "Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Babes in Toyland "He's My Thing"

No comments: