Wednesday, January 21, 2009

good-looking couples

I really appreciate that Michelle Obama's been wearing so many pieces by less established designers. Because of her influence, Thakoon, Isabel Toledo, and Maria Pinto are becoming household names. And now CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund finalist Jason Wu has his name attached to what will be one of the most visible dresses of 2009.

President Obama and First Lady Michelle in ivory Jason Wu

That is a gorgeous couple. I love a man that can pull off white tie.

And I'm now inspired to share my favorite photo from 2008:

This photograph was on the front page of the Omaha World-Herald's Election Section after Obama's presidential victory. That lovely pair on the center-left is Doris and Gus Shoffner, two of my oldest family friends and neighbors. Look at those smiles. Couple of the year!

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Awww, how cute are they? And by they, I mean both couples. :)