Sunday, June 15, 2008

all about eye cream

I'm in my 20's, and as such haven't had to give much thought to eye cream. My skin's on the oily side, and eye creams always struck me as heavy and greasy. But recently, I've noticed a change in the texture of my skin. Despite my religious use of SPF, it seems I'm stumbling onto the first signs of aging. No wrinkles yet, but my eye area has become much more delicate and prone to dryness. So the hunt for a suitable eye cream began.

Despite the increased dryness, most of the eye creams I tested still felt too heavy for my needs. In addition to leaving the area greasy, they led me to the discovery of milia, or milk spots. Milia are teeny-tiny cysts that resemble clogged pores. I only developed a couple microscopic spots in my under-eye area, but since I'm kind of a skin fanatic, that was more than enough. Since I'd never had a problem with milia before, it was safe to assume that they were a direct result of too heavy moisturizer.

I finally gave Clinique All About Eyes a try. Since I always found Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion to be tremendously overrated, I had pretty low expectations for the product. However, I found the formula to be incredibly light. It eliminated any traces of dryness, without leaving my skin greasy or triggering any of the dreaded milia. Plus, a little goes a long way, so $27.50 for half an ounce isn't nearly as painful as it sounds. This is probably not the best eye cream for those with very dry or mature skin, but if you have oily skin and are just experiencing the first signs of aging, it's one of your best bets out there.

No comments: