Thursday, June 19, 2008

electric eyes

If you're in the mood to go dramatic with your eyeliner, but aren't feeling the grunge look, Vincent Longo's new Vibrant Waterproof Liners are a great way to make a bold statement. Available in bluetto (blue), verdino (green), giallino (yellow), moreno (brown), nerino (black) and bianchino (white), these liquid liners pack a mean punch. The colors have great pigment, so you don't have to worry about tricky layering to create an opaque finish. The formulas are long-lasting, though when I applied bluetto, verdino, giallino and bianchino to the back of my hand at Sephora (rossino was out of stock), I found that the yellow wore off significantly earlier than the others.

I already have plenty of black and brown liquid liners, so I wanted to purchase one of the brighter colors. After much debate, I picked up a bottle in bluetto, as I figured I'd get the most wear out of it. The brush is a traditional liquid liner brush, so if you've grown accustomed to felt tip applicators, you may have to play around a bit to refresh your memory. Bluetto makes a great, modern cat eye, though I've been limiting my application to the top lid, with a swipe of black pencil along the lower waterline. As great as the blue shade is, I can't help but regret not picking up the white, so I'll probably be trekking back to Sephora to add another liner or two to my collection. Hopefully, rossino will be back in stock. I'd love to mix the red and white together for a futuristic Pepto Bismol eye. And when I go back, I'll definitely be checking out the matching mascaras, as well.

No comments: