Thursday, June 5, 2008

the cfda's: the best things come in pairs

Vena Cava's Sophie Buhai and Lisa Maycock looked effortlessly chic in their own designs. They remind me of a girl I went to high school with who was simultaneously stunning and slightly rumpled. She smoked endless cigarettes, introduced me to The Breeders and The Pixies, and had permanent, gorgeous bedhead. I want to hang out with these women and have them show me the ways of the world.

Lisa Cant was radiant in Behnaz Sarafpour (the designer didn't look too shabby herself). I'm a huge fan of Sarafpour's ladylike designs, and picked up a ton of pieces from her Go International collection for Target. Fingers crossed for a follow-up.

The lovely Erin Wasson, queen of effortless chic, arrived on the arm of designer Alexander Wang. The veteran model, who recently broke her foot from the stress of too much time spent in high heels, turned the injury into a golden opportunity to break out the knee-high gladiator sandals (similar to the Chanel knock-offs I wore to my five-year college reunion last weekend).

After the announcement of the Marchesa collaboration with Stila, it's not surprising to see Georgina Chapman decked out like a tube of red lipstick. In their own designs, Marchesa co-founders Chapman and Keren Craig looked like they stepped out of Old Hollywood.

Proenza Schouler wonder boys Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez were their usual adorable selves. And yeah, I own half of their Go International line for Target, as well. Happy to help fund the empire.

Anna Wintour and Candy Pratts Price twinkled like golden statuettes in Vera Wang. Later that evening, the usually inscrutable Wintour emotionally presented Price with the Eugenia Sheppard Award.

Jeff Halmos and Sam Shipley were dapper as ever. Doesn't Shipley look like a super-suave Matlock? At the very least a gentile Southerner. Get this man a mint julep, stat!

Thakoon Panichgul, with Tina Chai in his design, is from my hometown of Bellevue, Nebraska. We were a few years apart in high school, but I keep hoping that the next time I go back to visit my mom, I'll see him at the commissary. I'll be the star-struck girl geeking out and hiding behind a display of Sun Chips.
images: style.com

1 comment:

Anne said...

Marchesa makes me want to have limitless disposable income...