Tuesday, May 20, 2008

a serious job is at stake

I was terribly disappointed when A Serious Job Is No Excuse, one of my favorite fashion blogs, shut down without warning this winter. Although Johanna and I have very different philosophies about fashion (and politics), her spot-on observations and acerbic wit kept me entertained during the workday. So I'm incredibly grateful to Fashion Is Spinach, who has shared what appears to be the motivation behind ASJINE's sudden disappearance.

Johanna (that's her in the tomato and cream Marc Jacobs) is competing on Stylista, The CW and Elle's new reality series. Participants are competing for the chance to become the assistant to Fashion News Director Anne Slowey. Yes, this is basically a cheap, reality show version of The Devil Wears Prada (and Anne Slowey's obvious imitation of Meryl Streep imitating Anna Wintour is a little sad), but now that I know Johanna's on board, I'll be watching every Wednesday this fall.

No comments: