Friday, May 9, 2008

a tiny machine is born

I've been putting off starting a tiny machine for a few years, mainly because I could never decide what to cover. The most successful blogs have a specific focus, but the subjects I want to write about span two vast and seemingly contradictory areas of interest.

Initially, I was considering writing about fashion, art and beauty, but I'm just as interested in comic books, science fiction and fantasy. I always assumed that the geek and the chic didn't have much of an intersection, but there must be others out there who are interested in both. How arrogant was I to assume that no one else is equally excited about Hellboy 2 and Comme des Garcons for H&M?

Since today is my birthday, it seemed appropriate to embark on a new venture. I'll be writing about Balenciaga and Battlestar Galactica, Hussein Chayalan and Hellblazer, Marc Jacobs and Mike Mignola. But for now, I'm off to drink some wine, eat a cupcake, and celebrate my birthday with Sarah Jane Smith, Doctor Who and the crew of Battlestar Galactica.

3 comments:

l'étoile magazine said...

This blog is brilliance!

Captain Hero! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Captain Hero! said...

Agreed! Its finger-licking good!