Friday, September 18, 2009

kanyegate!

Okay, okay. Everyone knows that Kanye West was completely rude and obnoxious when he interrupted Taylor Swift's VMA acceptance speech to talk about how Beyonce had the best video of the decade of whatever. But holy heavens people, it's not like he stabbed her. Seeing words like "violent" and "assault" used to describe the incident makes me sick to my (granted) easily upset stomach. Yes, he was incredibly inappropriate, but he has since apologized both privately and publicly (and in ALL CAPS on his blog). And seriously, Leno asking him what his late mother would say about his actions? I suppose the incident actually had a positive effect on me personally. My father died when I was little, but somehow I made it through my incredibly self-involved and cranky immature adolescent years without my mother ever saying, "What would your dead dad think?" So I called her and thanked her for never resorting to that low blow. So thank you for that Kanye. She seemed confused, but pleased.

Worst of it all, Kanye West has been receiving so much bad press that his sponsors are considering backing out of the much-hyped Kanye/Lady Gaga "Fame Kills" tour. You know who kills? Embittered Gaga fans who blog under the moniker of a tiny machine. Do NOT take this away from me Live Nation.

No comments: