Thursday, July 10, 2008

just like honey

L'Occitane's Honey Harvest Collection produced some of my favorite products from the French bath and body company. The Sweety Honey Lip Gloss was always in my purse, the Honey Massage Nectar had a reserved spot on my nightstand, and I often lit the Honey Beeswax Candle to relax while reading in bed. So I was particularly distraught when much of the line was discontinued and replaced by the Honey & Lemon Collection.

I have a very spiteful nature, and thus refused to try any of the Honey & Lemon products. It was a demonstration of loyalty to the original Honey Harvest Collection. But after the handfuls of samples from L'Occitane and Sephora began piling up untouched in a drawer, I finally caved. The subject of my betrayal was the Honey & Lemon Delightful Cream. L'Occitane knows body cream, and this gentle lotion is no exception. Thick without being too heavy, and scented without being cloying, this cream has the sweet base of the original Harvest Honey, with a sparkling dash of lemon. I always found the honey scent to be soothing and comforting, but this fragrance is more likely to put a spring in your step. Great after an early morning shower.

Still, I'm not a complete traitor. Although I've acknowledged the merits of Honey & Lemon, it's not a replacement for Honey Harvest. Sadly, I fear the Massage Nectar, Sweety Honey Lip Gloss and Foaming Jelly are gone for good. There is a Honey Candle listed on the website, but the packaging has been modified and the description tweaked. I'm guessing it's not the beeswax candle I've come to know and love. The Body Balm and Comfort Mask have stuck around, but who knows how long they'll last? I recommend stockpiling.

No comments: